Proverbs 22:9

"Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A New Adventure

Here we go. Just love this photo.

Powell St. Through Union Square

So, I had a couple of tickets I received from college graduation that was about to expire so I decided hey lets go to San Francisco. A place of epic architecture, gorgeous nature and several cultural experiences. Here is my overview and the next few posts can be some more focused thoughts.

The architecture here is amazing. in the picture above you can just see the extremes the roads and buildings are created at. This road here was where the famous cable cars road up. We were told they are still ran the way they were when they began.


This cable car here is being pushed around by hand! I was just in total shock. It was such a neat ride.

While on the cable car I got to have a little people watching experience. Lots of different lives and experiences going on. We passed the known-to-be hippie area Haight-Ashbury. We passed through Chinatown. Just all different and unique on their own. Each group we passed all I could think of is, where is God in all of this? Is there a light here in San Fran? I looked and listened. The jury is still out on these questions.


Here is a church in the distance on the train. I definitely think this is where all of my thoughts began. This particular church was out in the middle of Daly City between the airport and downtown San Francisco. Houses and businesses rolled over the hillside and this one spotted out in the middle of what looked like a housing spectacle. Incredible.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

I have begun to pray for San Francisco. Not necessarily because I feel like I have a role there but that there is a light there. 


This is just some more of the architectural heights you can see throughout San Francisco. After walking the streets and see the bridge up close from a boat and just exploring I just don't even know what that place would be like after an earthquake or another disaster. Wild! I know it's depressing to think that way but after Japan it is hard not to. 

Now to lighten up the mood I do have to say, it is gorgeous!


It is such a beautiful place and I just hope there people there who are working on the hearts there as well.

Now that my thoughts are out, here are some more previews of what I got to experience.


My beautiful mom in Union Square.








No comments:

Post a Comment