Proverbs 22:9

"Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

Monday, April 25, 2011

When Real Life Takes Over...

So, real life took over, and I drew far far away from what I love, writing and photography. But I'm BACK! Life just feels empty when the things God has given me to find peace in falls to the wayside. I feel blah...and uncreative. Sometimes I look a little rough too, but now, now i feel refreshed, first by the Word, then by the hobbies God has given me interest in.


The other day, I scare my older sister to death, when I decided on SC-123 that I was just going to pull over on the sketchy side of the road and take a photograph. Here it is. I was just glancing in my rearview mirror and had to slam on the breaks to not miss it, it was gorgeous. And once again, my passion began!





Here is my sister, after we finally got back on the road, a little less antsy about my random photo opps. Isn't she pretty? love this thoughtful conversational look for her, totally calm but in deep thought at the same time. I just like it, and her long elegant fingers. (Yes, we were stopped when I took this, the light was RED)

This one here is a favorite of mine. Assuming I missed the opportunity to get the sunset again, I looked up and it was reflecting back towards me.

My favorite part about this photo is the deep deep red. I just love how warm it makes you feel. Then that red is broken by a bright yellow. Just love, love, love this shot. Took a few more, but none nearly as appealing as this.

Does it not just amaze you when you experience the colors and light that God has created? No human imagination could have ever put that to paper. It is so...peaceful. It reminds me of what it means to be a light in this world. We have to glow with the light of God, and God has to be that strong light that just breaks apart and destroys the darkness in us and around us. There is no power in us that could create such power and light.




12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”


John 8:12


Every day, God reveals himself to us, in all different ways. Some ways are as beautiful as a sun or as plain as a blade of grass. Some as loud as thunder, others and quiet as a whispering breeze.

So enough down my (important) rabbit trail. This weekend was something very special. It was Easter. It was the time to reflect and really feel what we should be celebrating all year long.

Jesus served us in a way that we could never serve anyone else. He died for us. He was placed on a cross for our sins, to pay our consequences. It was I who deserved to die, but He took my place. That is not what is to celebrate though. We celebrate because Jesus is alive! He was just dead three days, and He rose from the grave! He conquered out sins! I am forever in awe that a perfect being would ever want to die for such a dirty soul as mine. That is truly how much God loves us.

God is Love.







That is really all I have for today. I just wanted to share my recent re-finding of a passion of mine...photography, oh how I have missed thee :).

Oh, please pray for my grandfather, he has not been doing well lately. He has been in the hospital for quite a while lately. He got out to do rehab as a nursing home, but we showed up to find this picking him up and taking him back for more care.

Kindle Bible - The Holy Bible Formatted for the Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Okay- I'm backlogging here, but great post!!! And great photography! WOW- those were beautiful shots- I don't blame you for stopping to take them. I have had similar moments (although I don't claim to be all that great with photography, but I do enjoy it.) And I certainly understand how you feel about writing. That is definitely one of my big hobbies and passions. The trick has been finding a good way to merge it with my greatest passion for Jesus and finding how He wants to use it for His glory. I feel that God blesses us with talents and spiritual gifts and expects us to use them for His kingdom. But He also has this whole "timing" thing in place that I often don't understand, yet it somehow always work out for the best. (Romans 8:28)- have to keep trusting and being faithful with today and let God bring tomorrow in His time. :-)

    ReplyDelete