Proverbs 22:9

"Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

Monday, November 15, 2010

What a Slacker Am I

I never realized how much a job would take over, I started this blog thinking, "oh I have all the time in the world," then I got a part time job. Given, I am complete blessed to have a job but I had to get back to blogging. It is the closest I can get to consistent writing like I use to do for the yearbook and newspaper.
So, I have been a slacker with my blogs but I can honestly say I have not been a slacker with the camera. I have had some exceptional moments to get some shots and fall has only made that easier.


 Just a few weeks ago we went backpacking
and one of the places we stayed there was this tree. As you can see the leaves had already fallen from its branches, as it was with many of the trees in the area. There was something that made this tree stand out. Its red berries. The deep vibrant red, that makes you stare...the colors this particular weekend was just mesmerizing. We definitely chose the perfect time to go in the mountains.
There were yellows, reds, deep greens, oranges and even some soft browns. These colors intertwined throughout. When we were at the top of Black Balsam Knob we would turn in all directions and just be in awe. It looked as if God had grown tired of the regular old summer green and pulled his paint brush back out and colored, redefined nature. It was like a piece of art...perfectly detailed every plant, tree and shrub. I wish my photoshop was working a little better and I would have enhanced the blue in the sky and the colors would have popped even more.

Something else we found at the top of the mountains, particularly Sam's Knob.

The berries. These weren't on trees this time. They were just scattered in random places across the ridge. Here I played a little bit with my aperture. I love how the berries just glow in the sunlight. I love fall and spring. There is so much transition and change. It represents the transitions of life. That we have to be stripped of everything and maybe even endure a cold winter to be transformed into the next blooming chapter God has written for us.

Just a few more amazing pictures. I have to make up for what a slacker I have been.




I think I am going to start a photo portfolio...especially after I get some senior pictures I took for a friend on my computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment